I love teaching, but no longer have a class of MBA candidates to teach each week. To make up for that, I answer questions on Quora. Here are some of the most popular questions:
- Why do so many startups fail?
- What do investors understand that many startup founders don’t?
- Why should I write a formal business plan rather than just sketch out my ideas if I am not seeking any outside funding?
- What are the examples of social impact a business can create?
- What are the functions of incubators and how do they work?
- Is Steve Blank’s model on startups the best path to pursue?
- What do you think about the revenue or profit sharing model for investors who invest their money in a startup?
- Will Africa be the manufacturing capital of the world in the next 100 years?
- Is it possible for an African tech startup to reach a billion dollars in evaluation?
- How can I start a business with one million Ugandan shilling to expect a big profit?
- How much does it costs to start up a chicken farm?
- What do libertarians think of Karl Marx?
- Why has money replaced the barter system?
- Does money trickle up, does it trickle down, or does it do both?
- Why did the gold standard fail?
- What is social obligation in business?
- How would the trillion-dollar coin save the United States’ economy?
- Are we at the risk of a financial crisis?